Meet our Board of Directors
- Joe Ferry, President/Executive Director. Joe has been working with PTIA since 2007.
- Robin Schilling, Vice President. Robin has been PTIA’s resident liaison since 2018.
- Michelle Dorn Cosgrove, Secretary. Michelle is a music teacher who owns Michelle Cosgrove Flute & Piano Studio.
- Kevin Cerdas, Treasurer. Kevin is VP of Perkasie Dental Loft.
- Corey Armideo, Member. Corey is the owner of PBR Productions.
- Danielle Connelly Bodnar, Member. Danielle is a Perkasie native who serves as Executive Director of the UBCC – Upper Bucks Chamber of Commerce.
- Drew Lutz-Long, Member. Drew is the Music Director at Trinity Lutheran Church, Perkasie.
- Tom McAteer, Member. Tom is the manager of the Perkasie branch of American Heritage Credit Union.
- Linda Reid, Member. Linda is the borough’s Community Development Manager.
- Lisa Vanderslice Walters, Member. Lisa is a lifetime borough resident and frequent volunteer.
- Cathy Ingravallo Weierbach, Member. Cathy is the owner of Perkasie Florist.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER: Jamie Roman
Perkasie Towne Improvement Association is dedicated to the enhancement of a diverse business community while recognizing the uniqueness of Perkasie. We give support and guidance with integrity and respect, Through marketing and community events we foster, encourage and maintain a thriving community.
Perkasie Towne Improvement Association started as Perkasie Olde Towne back in 1988. This nonprofit organization was formed by a few business owners whose businesses had been affected by the fire in Shelley’s lumber yard. The fire was quite large and impacted most of Perkasie’s town square. There was extensive fire, water, and smoke damage and as we know, insurance doesn’t always cover all the expenses that arise with such devastation. At this time, many local business owners came together to help each other in the cleanup and rebuild. Community events were scheduled as fundraisers to help in their efforts to bring our town back to a thriving place.
As the downtown area started to recover, this group found that the community really enjoyed the festivities and there were still plenty of opportunities to help improve our community. This evolved into Perkasie Olde Towne Day. The group also took on the now famous, Community Tree Lighting and after a few years, the Under the Stars Car Show. Hundreds of families attended these events every year. Monies that were raised from these events went to hosting and improving the annual events and funding of the Main Street Manager Program in Perkasie.
Once the organization was in place, PTIA used their funds to cover some of the costs of the manager’s salary, start a business directory, put hanging baskets throughout town in the spring/summer and lights on the downtown trees in the winter. The organization also offered facade grants to help improve the look of the downtown area. The main focus and goal had always been to bring awareness to our downtown and to the benefits these businesses offer the community’s residents. After many years, that goal had been met. There were 3 wonderful events thrown every year. The main street’s program had come and gone as the economy took a downturn. There were a few businesses that closed and that left Perkasie with some vacant buildings. As a group, POTA decided their efforts were needed in a different area.
The organization then approached borough council about taking on community events and to help get more economic development happening in Perkasie. Perkasie Olde Towne made some direct changes to allow for such reorganization and in September 2015 become Perkasie Towne Improvement Association. They became solely focused on revitalizing Perkasie borough. They worked to raise funding for an expert to help with that effort. A comprehensive plan was drawn, zoning and infrastructure were analyzed and Perkasie became revived.
Five years later, this work was well on its way and our town was bustling with new businesses, new homes, and many new opportunities. PTIA again felt that their goal had been met. After much thought and consideration, the group decided to return to its roots and focus on joining businesses and community. Working together as businesses, our goal is to bring awareness to the great resources the town of Perkasie has to offer our residents, right here within this wonderful community. View our Community Events page here.